Okra is very popular in the south, but the harvest of okra is seasonal, and okra is not available in all seasons. So, in order to eat okra in all seasons, okra is frozen. Then most people start to worry, how to freeze okra? Those who want to start an okra processing business want to know what the answer is. So, this article describes how to prepare okra for freezing.
How To Prepare Okra For Freezing?
Freezing okra requires four basic processing steps of washing, cutting, blanching, cooling and freezing the okra.
1. Okra cleaning: You can choose to wash and rub the okra with clean water for about 5 minutes at home. It can remove the dust, impurities, pesticides, fertilizers and other impurities on the surface of the okra. If it is in an okra processing plant, a special okra cleaning machine is needed to clean the okra.
2. De-stem and cut the okra: remove the stem and cut the cleaned okra, and cut the okra into sections according to the needs. There is a special okra cutting machine for industrial manufacturing, and it only needs to be adjusted. The size can be cut into okra of the same length.
3. Blanching okra: How to blanch the cut okra? Put okra in boiling water. Blanching stops the enzymatic process, so the okra retains its fresh-picked color, flavor, and texture. These enzymes can survive the refrigerator and continue the decay process if left unbleached. In the factory, there is a machine for blanching okra, and Nengdou can set the temperature and time, and it can be blanched for about 1 minute.
4. Okra cooling: the blanched okra is dried and cooled, or an air dryer can be used to cool down.
5. Freeze okra: Quick freeze it on a baking sheet in an even layer. Spread the okra out and freeze in the refrigerator for about 3 to 6 hours. If it is in industrial processing, okra freezing machinery is needed, and it is enough to set the appropriate temperature.
How to start a cold delivery okra business?
Starting a freezing okra business requires an assessment of costs and profits. First, the cost includes the cost of building an okra factory and freezing okra processing equipment. Second, consider labor costs, water and electricity costs, and then research market information and profits, as well as okra. Processing prospects. You don’t need to worry about the selection of okra processing equipment and the construction of the factory. We can provide processing equipment from factory design to normal use of the equipment.